Caché Monitor is the all-in-one tool designed for InterSystems Caché. It combines many tools with a smart sql editor to provide easy access to the database for Caché developers, administrators and data analysts. Caché Monitor is like a swiss knife for InterSystems Caché, fast and very easy to use. But Caché Monitor can also connect to databases like MS SQL Server, MS Access, MySQL and much more to fit your needs in a heterogeneous database environment.
In Caché Monitors Server Navigator all Namespaces for each Caché Servers are listed for easy navigation. No need to know the name of the Namespace, no need to configure many many JDBC connections.
If the first connection to a Caché Server is required, Caché Monitor downloads the required InterSystems Caché database driver automatically in the right version from the Web. No manual intervention is required.
The query editor features SQL syntax highlighting, SQL Code completion with context sensitive information about database objects (also known as IntelliSense), Code folding, an SQL History buffer for executed SQL commands, SQL Code formatting, parallel queries, graphical SQL execution plan with index and selectivity information from every used index in the plan, SQL abbreviations and much more. HiDPI Screens are also supported.
Read more about all in the feature list of Caché Monitor. Caché Monitor can be used from any platform with an JAVA environment (Windows, Linux, Apple Mac). We recommend using the latest release of Java 8!
If you do not know InterSystems CACHÉ, here are some information about the database from InterSystems: InterSystems CACHÉ is a post-relational database that uniquely offers three integrated data access options: a robust object database, high performance SQL, and rich multidimensional access. Caché enables rapid Web application development, extraordinary transaction processing speed, massive scalability, and real-time queries against transactional data – with minimal maintenance requirements. Caché is available for Windows, OpenVMS, Mac OS X, Linux and major UNIX platforms and it is deployed on systems ranging from two to over 50,000 simultaneous users. For more details, please visit InterSystems website, you find also information about InterSystems Caché at wikipedia
If you need a SQL Query Tool for any other Database than Caché? Maybe some of this one help:
- The Universal Database Tool – DbVisualizer is a database tool useful for developers and database administrators to aid develop and maintain their databases. It is the perfect solution since the same tool can be used on all major operating systems accessing a wide range of databases.
- Aqua Data Studio – is a database developer’s complete Integrated Development Environment (IDE). The IDE provides three major areas of functionality: A) Database query and administration tool B) Suite of compare tools for databases, source control and filesystems, and C) a complete and integrated source control client for Subversion (SVN) and CVS)
- SQuirrel SQL The SQuirreL SQL client provides a simple graphical interface to relational databases. Because it is built using Java, it can access any JDBC-compliant database running on any machine, allowing remote access to multiple databases. A SQuirreL user can:
– easily view and edit data in any JDBC-compliant database,
– view the database’s meta-data,
– work with multiple databases on both local and remote machines,
– use a single, consistent interface to work with different database engines, and
– expand the tool’s capabilities and include DB-specific functionality using plugins.
You find more JAVA/JDBC based Client Tools here.